The very early news about the villa dates back to the 1408, when the Corsini family bought the Poggiale from Jacopo d’Agostini Martini.
The villa was then owned by the Florence priory commendam and later by the Ricasoli – Rucellai family. Its exterior dates back to the XVI century, with its nice Renaissance loggia and elegant door and window framings finished in Serena stone.
The central courtyard, along with its well, is probably the most ancient part of the villa; several embellishments and extensions were carried out in later times.
The interior decorations date back to the early XVII century, with nice frescoed rooms and painted doors. The premises for coach access and the coach house are frescoed with Renaissance grotesqueries.